Four women on bikes
Nine days to cross America
Devoted to thousands who struggle to breathe
NEWS: 2014 – The year of RAAM – has arrived!
Read more here. Exciting announcements coming soon!
Announcing: PHenomenal Hope 5K in Pittsburgh
April 13, 2014
Team PHenomenal Hope is proud to announce an event organized by Pittsburgh’s newest PHA Support Group. Julia, Holly, Jody, Deanna and Nicole are an amazing group, and are providing you a chance to lace up your shoes and walk or run with them in solidarity to raise money to find a cure!
This event is a part of the PHenomenal Mile weekend. The PHenomenal Mile is a nationwide day of action in the PH community. Check out the official PHA webpage to find out more about how you can participate with the entire community in April!
Our Mission Statement
- To raise awareness about pulmonary hypertension and the Pulmonary Hypertension Association.
- To train and race across America in honor of patients living with pulmonary hypertension.
- To raise money to support research in the race to a cure for this disease, funding novel ideas in the medical and surgical treatments of pulmonary hypertension.
Pulmonary Hypertension Awareness and Fundraising
Team PHenomenal Hope is a Pittsburgh-based cycling team racing for the Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) to raise awareness about pulmonary hypertension (PH), PHA, and funds to find a cure.
As we train over the next many months for RAAM 2014, it is our goal to make this team “our team,” and work closely with PHA, UPMC and our sponsors and supporters towards our huge goals.
RAAM provides a tremendous platform to raise awareness, and we plan to fully utilize this race and training period to educate our communities about PH and the need to find a cure. Through traditional and social media, we will reach far and wide to expand our “team” in this effort. It is our goal that by the time we cross the finish line in Annapolis, “every person in Pittsburgh [and beyond] knows about PH.” Team PHenomenal Hope will serve as one spotlight for PHA to reach out to people in the region and beyond, healthcare providers and non-healthcare providers alike.
Countdown until RAAM
March 9, 2014 - Team Ride and Crew Meeting
March 22, 2014 - RAAM Crew and Team Simulation #1 (Day)
April 5, 2014 - RAAM Crew and Team Simulation #2 (Night)
April 12, 2014 - The PHenomenal Mile - Join the PH community as we all participate in unity in the first nationwide day of action!
April 13, 2014, 9AM, North Side - PHenomenal Hope 5K, organized by the Pittsburgh PHA support group.
May 3, 2014 - Calvin's Challenge 6-hour and 12-hour Race
Connect through Social Media
- "EIGHT WEEKS until we launch from the starting line at Oceanside, racing coast-to-coast with PHA. @short_of_breath @RAAMRaces #RaceOfOurLives"1 day ago
- "RT @UPMCnews: More than 120,000 ppl are waiting for a lifesaving organ transplant in the U.S. #MakethePledge to #DonateLife http://t.co/jF…"1 day ago
- "Article in University Times about our Pitt-based team and mission. @UPMCnews @short_of_breath #PHaware http://t.co/68xbsnUFca"2 days ago
- "@fiksreflective @raamraces Check out the PHA logo in reflective! @short_of_breath"3 days ago
- "Sneak peak of RAAM bikes customized by @FiksReflective - We will be safe at night! Check it out: http://t.co/RNUgOVUuAU @RAAMRaces"3 days ago